ChromasPro version history
Version 2.1.8 fixes a bug in sending BLAST searches to the browser.
Version 2.1.7 has the following changes:
- Fixed a reference sequence rendering issue in the contig editor when zoomed in.
- BLAST searches now include the option of submitting directly to the server to avoid the URL length limit with web browsers. Results still open in the default browser.
- The lengths of contig consensus sequences listed in the project now exclude gaps.
Version 2.1.6 fixes a bug with storage in projects of chromatograms containing long reads of noise.
Version 2.1.5 has the following changes:
- The location of base 1 can be set to anywhere in a contig consensus sequence.
- Added copying in FASTQ format from contigs.
- FASTQ can be pasted into the nucleotide sequence editor.
- Fixed bug in undo of base X-coordinate dragging in the chromatogram editor.
- Vector information is retained/updated after manual editing of a project member sequence.
- Base ranges for maps and BLAST searches of the consensus sequence are now corrected for gaps.
- Fixed division-by-zero error while displaying information on an empty project.
- Fixed flicker while scrolling in the contig editor.
Version 2.1.4 has the following changes:
- Fixed a possible crash after disassembling/deleting a contig that is open in the editor, or removing the second-last sequence from a contig and then assembling the project.
- A reference sequence can now be loaded from a .fastq file if it contains only one sequence.
- Added a button to assemble only the selected sequences.
Version 2.1.3 introduces improved graphical rendering of quality values in the sequence, chromatogram and contig editors.
Version 2.1.2 has the following changes:
- Fixed duplicate wildcards in the Open File dialog which may have caused problems with Explorer shell extensions.
- Improved handling of rare corrupted files.
- Improved information display for projects and contigs.
- Bases between those affecting recognition are no longer colored blue in the restriction map zoom pane.
- Fixed help file display from network drive installations.
- Consensus sequence quality is now displayed graphically above the sequence.
Version 2.1.1 is a minor update with these changes:
- Multiple files opened from Explorer now open in a single instance of ChromasPro.
- Fixed the sequence editor lock when delete is pressed with multiple bases selected.
- Locking now prevents undo/redo.
- Fixed issue with the title window appearing on top of open documents on startup.
- Improved handling of rare corrupted file problems.
Version 2.1.0 has the following changes:
- The order of sequences in the contig editor can be rearranged.
- Fixed a glitch in the drawing of color buttons in the 64-bit version color settings dialog box.
- Fixed a rare bug in contig splitting with a reference at the 3′ end which caused the program to terminate.
- Added a lock button for locking sequences against base changes.
Version 2.0.1 was a minor update with the following changes:
- Enabled the search function on the contig consensus. The find window was enabled in the contig editor but did not perform searches.
- Fixed scaling on high-DPI monitors.
Version 2.0.0 was a major revision of the software and has several enhancements:
- A reference sequence can be used as a scaffold for sequence assembly. This helps with assembling short reads from next-generation technologies.
- More options are available for editing assembled alignments, including end-trimming of aligned sequences and the consensus, removal of any sequence, and splitting of the alignment into two or more contigs.
- The alignment display is easier on the eyes, with a dot replacing each base that matches the consensus. The old style display is also available.
- The software can highlight putative point/frameshift and heterozygous mutations in the alignment.
- Uses the unicode character set for internationalization.
- Performance of the assembly engine is increased significantly.
- Many improvements to the user interface and functionality.
Changes from version 18.104.22.168 beta:
- Added a Deregister function for moving the license to a different computer.
- Ctrl+up and Ctrl+down switch the cursor between the consensus and the alignment.
- Fixed a bug which prevented clinking on the consensus when the alignment was scrolled down.
- Fixed problems with splitting a contig printout across multiple pages.
- Fixed a bug which skipped undo of paste operations.
- The contig naming convention is now saved in the project file.
- Added menu item to open the message log.
Changes from first beta version 1.9.9:
- Added 32-bit version to installer.
- Added an option to show statistical information for a contig.
- Pressing the up arrow in row one of the alignment moves the cursor to the consensus.
- Shift+mousewheel scrolls the alignment or aligned chromatograms.
- Fixed bug which prevented consensus recalculation after removing an aligned sequence at the 5′ end.
- Fixed bug which could leave unnecessary gaps if more than 1 base was deleted from an aligned sequence at once.
- Fixed rare error when undoing a large consensus deletion at the 5′ end spanning the entire first aligned sequence.
- Fixed the scroll range sometimes initially being a few bases short.
- Fixed disappearing cursor in long contigs.
- Fixed bug which left the old selected base still highlighted after moving the cursor.
- Fixed the ‘print to one page’ option for contig printing.
- Clustal alignment diagram now draws correctly.
- Fixed .scf file comments writing bug which may have affected compatibility with other programs.
- Fixed disassembly bug which slowed disassembly and left some selected contigs still assembled.
- Fixed bug which sometimes left one or two bases undrawn at the consensus 3′ end.
- Fixed aligned chromatogram base numbering bug which sometimes ignored gaps in the number calculation.
- Vectors used in trimming project sequences are now saved in the project file.
- Clipboard copy now works on aligned sequences.
- Added FASTQ format copy option.
- Added trim low quality option on opening of sequence files.
- Added ‘Open Project’ menu item with it’s own most recent folder.
- Graphics (restriction maps, graphs, etc.) can now be saved.
- Files containing multiple sequences now open in a project by default.
- The restriction map options box can be recalled if closed with a map still open.
- Ctrl+mousewheel now zooms the chromatogram Y-axis.