ChromasPro is suitable for sequencing projects up to a few megabases, and basic sequence editing and analysis. It is able to assemble data from 454 and Illumina next-generation sequencers, with up to 100,000 sequences if 2 Gb RAM is available. ChromasPro has the following features:
- Open and save sequences in Applied Biosystems, Staden Chromatogram (SCF), MegaBace (.esd), 454 SFF, FASTA, FASTQ, EMBL, GenBank, SwissProt, GenPept, GCG RSF and plain text formats.
- Assemble overlapping sequences into a consensus and automatically display ambiguities for editing.
- Use quality data to automatically remove low quality sequence and improve sequence assembly.
- View Genescan genotype files.
- Generate restriction site and fragment maps, and list cutters, non-cutters and fragments.
- Map open reading frames, aided by a G+C frame plot, and translate ORFs with one click.
- Print chromatograms, restriction site and fragment maps, and open reading frame maps.
- Perform nucleotide and protein BLAST searches through the NCBI web site.
- Perform multiple alignments by interfacing with ClustalW.
- Reverse & complement sequences and chromatograms.
- Search for sequences by exact matching or optimal alignment.
- Display translations when editing nucleotide sequences.
- Perform reverse translations and plot nucleotide degeneracy.
- Plot hydrophilicity and antigenicity of proteins.
- Copy an image of a chromatogram section for pasting into documents or presentations.
Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
Your free trial lasts for 30 days. Please see the purchase page for licensing.